We, the people of St. Jerome, share the mission of the Catholic Church to love and to worship God, our Father. We share the peace of Christ and the hope of eternal salvation with people of all cultures, races, nationalities and ages, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. We are committed to developing and carrying out those programs and activities that will enable us to achieve that goal together.
OUR CHURCH ANNIVERSARY IS COMING! SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 24TH, MARK YOUR CALENDAR WE WILL HAVE FOOD SALE, GAMES AND TIME TO ENJOY THE LIFE OF OUR CHURCH IN 54TH ANNIVERSARY. BE READY TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR CELEBRATION!
Office Hours & Telephone
|Office Hours:||9:00AM – 12:00 & 1:00PM -5:00PM on Monday-Friday|
|Parish Life Center:||Tele: 443-3174 | Fax: 443-5499|
|Ministry of Concern:||441-5014|
Religious Education and Formation
- Courses, Retreats / Classes, Retiros – Parish priests, deacons, catechists
- RCIA/Catecumenado (Adult Initiation) – Parish Teams
- School of Religion (CCD) (Tuesday & Wednesday) – Gail Bordelon, Director of Religious Education, 443-3174
Ministries and Groups
- Pastoral Council, Finance Council
- Liturgical Ministries: Altar Servers, Altar Society, Choirs, Eucharistic Ministers, Proclaimers, Ushers
- Scouting – Troup 176
Baptism / Bautismo
|The Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA/ Catecumenado prepares adults and children 7yrs & older for Baptism at the Easter Vigil.|
|Expectant parents call during pregnancy to arrange for a pastoral visit and seminar.|
|Days for ceremony:||Last full weekend of the month.|
|Times for ceremony:||English: 5:00 PM on Sat.|
Spanish: 2:00 PM on Sun.
- Adults are prepared through the RCIA process. Youth through the Confirmation program beginning in the 9th grade or higher.
- Saturdays: 3:00 PM to 3:30 PM
- Mondays through Fridays: 8:30 AM-9:00 AM
- Anytime by appointment — can be arranged anonymously
Sacrament of the Sick (Anointing)
- Upon request for the seriously ill, infirm and those undergoing major surgery, contact the church office.
- Please contact the parish priest before going to the funeral home. The church is the proper and preferred place for the funeral liturgy.
- As soon as a decision to marry is reached a meeting with the parish priest or deacon is scheduled. A minimum of six months before the anticipated wedding date is required. The Evenings for the Engaged preparation program is offered in the parish.
- Validations: Make an appointment.
Holy Orders and Religious Life
- Contact a priest or religious for help in discerning a call and to learn about retreats and other resources.
Prayer and Devotions
- Grupo Carismatico (Viernes)
- Novena: Perpetual Help (Tuesday after 9:00 AM Mass)
- Rosary: Daily at 8:40 AM